Books

I read books. Mystery, fantasy, and science fiction are my favorite genres. I like reading Mystery books the most because I like how there’s something waiting to be uncovered and the feeling of suspense when the characters are going to find out and the satisfaction when the main character finds out the answer. A mystery book I read recently is Spirit Hunters. If I can get my hands on a fantasy book I will. A fantasy book I read is The False Prince. I like that I can read about an unreal world and the quests the main characters go on. I also like science-fiction because I like reading about humanity in the future. I like imaging robot apocalypses and dangerous diseases that plague futuristic worlds. So I really like reading about how someone else thinks it will be in the future. My favorite science-fiction book is NYXIA

Something that I do that most people probably don’t do when reading books is reading books until a certain page. I usually read books until the 60th page then stop for the day and read another book. Unlike most readers, I don’t read for a long time. I only read for a minimum of 15 minutes to 40 min. If I read a really good book then I’ll be sucked into it for an hour or more. I usually read more on weekends because I have more free time. I read for about 20 to 40 minutes on average on weekends. Overall, I would consider myself an average reader.

I usually get hooked onto a series of books and try to read them in order. For example, I read all the books from the FunJungle series. Books like Belly Up, Poached, and Big Game. I also like to read books from the same author. 

I usually just browse books and see what interests me. If I don’t find any books I like from authors I like or a series I like, I just browse books. I usually browse books based on the first few pages I read or books I’ve heard about. Sometimes I just pick my books based on the cover. I know there’s a saying that you should never judge a book by the cover. I just choose not to do that with actual books.

One thought on “Books”

1. I really like the part when you said “I like imagining being in a robot apocalypse…” that really drew a clear picture in my mind.